MY ONLINE COOKBOOK OF FAVORITE RECIPES

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Broccoli and Bacon Salad

Salad Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs broccoli, broken up into small bite-sized pieces

1 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon (I just used the real bacon bits like from Costco)

1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped

1/2 cup pine nuts

Dressing:

1 cup real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)

1/2 cup white sugar

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl. Mix together the dressing and add to the salad mixture 30 minutes before serving (I actually disagree with this part of the recipe - I think it has tasted better and better as it's sat in the juices, so I would combine maybe a couple to 3-4 hours before serving). Cover with plastic wrap (or like I did in a ziploc) and chill in refrigerator before serving. Delicious!

No comments: