MY ONLINE COOKBOOK OF FAVORITE RECIPES

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hot & Sweet Chili

Recipe by Me! - I made several versions writing down each one in case it was "the one" and this is what ended up on a recipe card. I haven't made it in awhile though, and now looking at the ingredients I want to admit that it looks a little "different", but I trust my taste-buds of years past :-)

1 tsp minced garlic
1 onion
1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can kidney beans
1 cup corn
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp vinegar

Brown beef with onion, then add garlic. Add all other ingredients. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Let stand overnight in refrigerator. If desired, serve over rice, or with cornbread and honey butter, or top with cheese, sour cream, etc.

No comments: