MY ONLINE COOKBOOK OF FAVORITE RECIPES

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Pina Colada Dipping Sauce for Coconut Shrimp

1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
1/4 cup crushed pineapple (canned), drained
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

Combine all ingredients.

I buy the Coconut Shrimp from Costco for dipping in this sauce. I know you can find a recipe to make your own Coconut Shrimp, but if you want to serve this as an appetizer before a main dish, you might appreciate the saved time in buying the shrimp prepared at Costco. I used to want to make everything from scratch. Still the best option if there's time I suppose, but sometimes it's just as yummy to buy prepared foods and combine with homemade, or to add ingredients to prepared foods to add a homemade feel to it (See Easy Potato Salad). I haven't seen much of her myself, but I hear that's Rachael Ray's approach, so it can't be all wrong!

No comments: