MY ONLINE COOKBOOK OF FAVORITE RECIPES

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Get-Well Chicken Noodle Soup*

From Carolyn Lybbert

2-3 lb. frying chicken
5-6 stalks celery
5-6 carrots
1 onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh parsley
1 tsp basil
1 tsp pepper
about 6 boullion cubes
2 cups noodles
lecithin
corn starch

Boil chicken in just enough water to cover for 30 minutes. Pull chicken out (put in freezer to cool) and boil all the other ingredients in the chicken water for about 10 minutes. Add the noodles and boil for another 5-7 minutes. Chop up chicken and add. Add lecithin to emulsify the fat with the water. Add corn starch to thicken.

(I haven't yet tried to freeze and reheat, so I can't officially put the "Freezer Friendly" label on this. But next time I make this I plan to put in glass jars and freeze. If it works I will make some in advance to have on-hand to deliver to people that are sick - thus the title of the recipe!)

No comments: