MY ONLINE COOKBOOK OF FAVORITE RECIPES

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Maddox Ranch House Rolls**

Recipe from LeAnne Richards

2 Tbsp Yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
Heat 2 cups scalded milk with 1/2 cup butter and 1 tsp salt
Let cool until warm
Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, yeast mixture, 3 eggs, 5 1/2 cups flour. Stir thoroughly. Dough will be sticky. Very goopy. Let rise 90 minutes. Spoon into greased muffin tins (24). Allow to rise until slightly rounded. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. ENJOY!


**This one gets a double asterisk because I have an added note. I haven't tried this one yet, but it beat out the Bruce Bogtrotter cake in a baking contest which I just could not believe (anyone who's tried that cake's jaw just dropped!), so I HAD to get the recipe!

2 comments:

MKG said...

I live about 15 minutes from the Maddox Ranch House in Perry Utah. My family has always loved their rolls. Thank you for posting this recipe!

Unknown said...

My family and I love going to Maddox and the rolls are really the best. I decided to try this recipe yesterday and everything turned out well... for the most part. I would suggest adding a little bit more sugar than it says or else put something on the rolls besides eating it plain or with butter. Oh and it says it makes 24, well our batch made 40 but it may have just been the yeast. Whatever it was this was a great recipe, one we will soon be making again seeing as we have 2 rolls left. Thanks for posting the recipe!